Soooooooo simple, and yummy!
- The lazy way to trim asparagus is to lay the whole bunch on a cutting board and give the ends the guillotine act. Otherwise you can snap each spear at the woody end and it will naturally snap where the wood meets the meat.
- Wash the asparagus and cut
into pieces on the bias.
- Get a pot of water boiling, and drop in the prepared spears.
- Leave in for one minute, two at the max. Do not wait till the water comes back up to a boil!
- Take out the asparagus and chill immediately in a bowl of ice water. This stops the 'grass from cooking and leaves it crispy and with a vibrant green color.
Dress with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a dusting of grated parmesan cheese.