- 4 sliced tomatoes
- 1 thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 medium heat pepper like a pasilla, cut into rings
- 1 medium size sweet onion
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
This could just as easily been called the Tomato, Cucumber, Pepper, and Onion Salad, because that's what's in here!
Arrange the tomato slices on a large plate.
Tuck in the cucumbers and peppers between the tomato slices. If you want a milder flavor, sub in a red bell pepper instead of the pasilla.
In a bowl, combine the chopped onion, crushed garlic, a good splash
of olive oil and maybe a small gurgle of balsamic vinegar. Don't use much vinegar as the tomatoes will give this dish the acid balance.
Put in a pich of salt and some cracked pepper and pour over the veggies.
You can tranform this into more of a salsa by chopping the ingredients finer and mixing all together.